Equality and Diversity Part Time Officer
Listed by Cardiff Met Students' Union
Application deadline: Sun 01 Sep 2019 12:00
To apply please submit a CV and the attached form outlining your areas of focus for the role to Samuel Harrison SMHarrison@cardiffmet.ac.uk
Training 2nd - 6th September 2019
Please note the successful candidate will not hold employee status with the Students' Union but will receive a bursary as award for undertaking this representative position.
Cardiff Met SU are looking for a student who’s interest in equality and diversity can be brought to this valuable role as a champion for students and a leader for change. This is a shared role working on existing initiatives and will be encouraged to bring new ideas and developments to the SU and University. They will be part of the team of Part Time Officers reporting to the SU President and working closely with the Vice President, School Reps and SU staff.
The Equality and Diversity Officers will be responsible for the fair representation of all student groups within the Students’ Union and will strive to ensure a genuine spirit of diversity and equality of opportunity is present throughout the SU and University.
- By maintaining an up to date knowledge of campaigns and initiatives you will generate innovative solutions to support the Students’ Union in providing training and information to staff and student representatives on issues relating to Equality and Diversity
- Form positive working relationships with student representatives making effective use of the student rep structure to ensure all students are represented and well informed on issues relating to equality and diversity
- Support the creation and development of student groups to champion equality and diversity raising the profile of campaigns and supporting national events.
- Work to identify student groups ensuring SU communications allow equality of opportunity across the student body
- Bring student views to discussions and communicate developments through student representative structures and the SU
To apply please submit a CV and the form below outlining your areas of focus for the role to Samuel Harrison SMHarrison@cardiffmet.ac.uk
Part Time Officer Form for application
Type Of Job