Application deadline: Mon 08 Apr 2019 17:00
Submit CV and Cover letter to Hannah Reilly, Director of Student Engagement
Don't forget to let us know your course and year of study so we know which school you'd like to represent.
You must be available 2nd - 6th September 2019 for training
Excellent developmental activities building your skills and experience in an exciting representative position where you get to make real change for you and your fellow students.
You will be responsible for recruiting and managing the team of Lead and Course Reps from your School to provide effective student representation. Training and a handover are provided to help you make the most of the role and you will also work closely with and have support from the Vice President, the SU and a key link within your school.
This role is vital for your fellow students, it is also vital for the SU as you help to create a link between the Union and School. You will work with academic staff and students to ensure the student voice is heard and will be required to engage with students from across the whole school and promote the student experience.
We are looking for School Reps to represent:
- Cardiff School of Art and Design
- Cardiff School of Education and Social Policy
- Cardiff School of Management
- Cardiff School of Sport and Health Sciences (Cyncoed)
- Cardiff School of Sport and Health Sciences (Llandaff)
- Cardiff School of Technologies
This role is extremely rewarding and provides you with extensive experience to add to your CV, it is lots of fun too.
Some of the activities the School Rep team have been involved in this year include; team building at white water rafting, Christmas Ball, Rep Conference and supporting a variety of SU campaigns.
- Head the representation structure in your school
- Be involved in creating positive changes in your school
- Actively seek to find fellow students for ideas and opinions and get them actioned by the SU and university
- Play a key role in the annual Rep Conference
- Continue to create an exciting environment that you want to study in through events and societies
- Represent the students at school and University level
- Encourage students' involvement with the Students' Union
- Be an active and engaged ambassador of the Students' Union
- Represent students at all required meetings
- A passion to fully engage with the role, its responsibilities and the opportunities it provides
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player, prepared to listen and understand
- Ability to deliver Students' Union experience and actively engage with fellow students to understand their needs
- Ability and confidence to express other students’ opinions