Cardiff Met Pinnacle Campus Sport Co-ordinator (11 positions)
Listed by Cardiff Met Students' Union
Application deadline: Sun 01 May 2016
Please apply for this position by sending a short cover letter, stating your reasons for the application, and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to enquire further about this position please contact Luke Hawker or Cerri Dando in the Cardiff Metropolitan Student Union, Cyncoed Campus or e-mail at: email@example.com
Scholarship based payment of £500
half a day per week term time
The role will run from June 2016 through until May 2017
- The role is situated within the Campus Sport delivery structure, as part of the Athletic Union
- Lead a successful sport specific environment consisting of free play, leagues or tournaments.
- Attend associated Campus Sport social events.
- Very flexible approach required
- Time commitments can vary depending on demand
- Engage in the option to complete the Cardiff Met Award, associated tasks and voluntary hours
- The role will satisfy required academic work based learning or work experience hours
To be the primary administrator, organiser and facilitator of a single Campus Sport
- Promote student engagement in Campus Sport.
- Book appropriate facilities in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Create and ensure fulfilment of league fixtures.
- Attend fixtures and training sessions.
- Manage and distribute appropriate equipment and resources.
- Liaise with peer Sports Coordinators as part of a community of practice to support, share ideas and integrate tournaments and events
- Balance a relaxed, social environment with regular attendance and gentle competition.
To manage other stakeholders within the Campus Sport environment
- Engage, oversee and liaise with Campus Sport Volunteers
- Work with volunteers to provide suitable experiences
- Designate roles, responsibilities and expectations.
- Conduct yourself in an exemplary manner, acting as a role model for other students and peers.
- Recognise and reward individual achievements and actions which are deemed above and beyond.
- Connect stakeholders with peers with other services offered by the Student Union
- Adopt a variety of appropriate communication strategies
To engage with the student body
- To help build the overall image of Campus Sport
- To interact with current and future Campus Sport members via email, social media and in person
- To liaise with School reps, Year reps and academic members of staff
- Report events, fixtures and performances to Line Manager and Media Intern
- Provide information for marketing material, write-ups and promotion opportunities
- Use current contacts within the institution to promote engagement between campuses, schools, international students and societies
- A passionate interest in university sport.
- A commitment towards raising levels of sports participation throughout the university.
- A background knowledge of sport
- Sound communication skills both written and verbal.
- Possess or demonstrate a desire to develop organisational, communicative and management skills.
- A willingness to personally develop within the role.
- Have self-determination and strong work ethic to achieve targets set.
- Flexible approach to varying work demands provided by each Campus Sport.
- Positive attitude and a proactive approach to tasks.
- Be able to manage others in conjunction with yourself.
- Have the ability to overcome obstacles.
We are looking for a co-ordinator in the following sports
- Table Tennis & Dodgeball