Volunteer Retail Assistant
General time commitment per week / monthAge limit
2.5 hours per week Minimum Over 14’s only for insurance reasons
About the role
This role will be based at our Ty Hafan charity shop in Bridgend working as part of a team of volunteers assisting the Shop Manager.
What activities would you be involved in?
- Provide great customer service with bags of enthusiasm for Ty Hafan
- Sort and prepare stock for the shop floor
- Keep the shelves and displays fresh and in fashion by merchandising in accordance with seasonal styles
- Use product knowledge to identify the good sellers and price items accordingly
Information on training provided
No retail experience is necessary as full training will be given, although previous knowledge of merchandising, customer service, cash handling, up-selling and fashion trends would be useful. More important are honesty, reliability and commitment.
Benefits of volunteering
- Personal satisfaction of giving back to the community by becoming part of the Ty Hafan team and family
- Make new friends and meet new people
- Gain new skills, knowledge and experience to enhance your CV
- Share your knowledge to help raise funds for Ty Hafan’s work
- 25% volunteer discount
How to apply
Contact Ty Hafan by telephone on 02920 532200 or email email@example.com
You will be asked to complete an application form upon joining and provide details of two referees ( 1 professional & 1 character) and a DBS check is not required for this role.
About Ty Hafan
Ty Hafan is a leading Welsh children’s charity which provides comfort, care and fun to children with life-limiting conditions, along with their families. Through our vibrant hospice and diverse community programmes, we offer families short-break care and help them make the most of the time they have together; creating precious memories and ensuring a short life is a full life.
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.