Volunteer Kitchen Support - Sully at the Hospice
General time commitment per week / month
3 hours per week Over 18’ only
About the role
This role will be based at Ty Hafan Hospice in Sully assisting the kitchen staff. The kitchen is situated immediately off the lounge, overlooking the central hub of the Hospice, where families come together to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner prepared by our talented head chef and the team. Good food is central to the care we provide, providing for specialist dietary needs in the everyday and for special occasions. For our children and their families, mealtimes provide comfort, a sense of normality and a chance to socialise. Without the stress of shopping, planning and clearing up, we take the pressure off.
What activities would you be involved in?
· Clearing plates and crockery and maintaining a presentable dining area
· Food preparation
· Using kitchen equipment to wash all crockery and utensils
· Maintaining a clean and organised kitchen
What skills will I need?
· Ability to work as part of team
· Ability to follow procedures and health and safety requirements
Information on training provided
· Full induction will be provided
· Training on health and safety will be provided
· Training on food hygiene will be provided
· Support and guidance will be given by the lead kitchen staff
Benefit of volunteering
· Become part of the Ty Hafan team and family
· Meet new people and make new friends
· Personal satisfaction of giving back to the community
· Gaining new skills, knowledge and experience or share yours to benefit Ty Hafans goal
· Gain experience for your CV within the catering industry
· Have fun!
How to apply
Contact Ty Hafan by telephone on 02920 532200 or email email@example.com
You will be asked to complete an application form upon joining and provide details of two referees ( 1 professional & 1 character) and a enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
About Ty Hafan
Ty Hafan is a leading Welsh children’s charity which provides comfort, care and fun to children with life-limiting conditions, along with their families. Through our vibrant hospice and diverse community programmes, we offer families short-break care and help them make the most of the time they have together; creating precious memories and ensuring a short life is a full life.
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.