Volunteer Housekeeper - Ty Hafan
Listed by Cardiff Met Students' Union
Application deadline: Tue 31 Mar 2020
How to apply
Contact Ty Hafan by telephone on 02920 532200 or email email@example.com
You will be asked to complete an application form upon joining and provide details of two referees ( 1 professional & 1 character) and this role does require a Enhanced DBS check
What activities would you be involved in?
- Re-stocking laundry and maintain hygiene standards
- Assisting the housekeeping team with general duties
- Assist with keeping the laundry cupboards tidy and replenished
- Bed making- changing the laundry on patient beds
- Cleaning of specific items and equipment
What skills will I need?
- Be enthusiastic and energetic
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work well as a team and enjoy working with others
Information on training provided
You will be fully briefed by the Ty Hafan team and a full induction will be provided to include:
- Manual handling
- Basic first aid
- Fire evacuation
Benefit of volunteering
- Become part of the Ty Hafan team and family
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Personal satisfaction of giving back to the community
- Gaining new skills, knowledge and experience or share yours to benefit Ty Hafans goal
- Have fun!
Further information about this role
- You will be assigned and responsible to the shift manager during your volunteering activities.
- You will not administer or assist with administering treatment, medication or any clinical procedures whilst volunteering at Ty Hafan.
- You will be required to complete a full induction for this role.
- If you have previous skills or qualifications that you feel could be transferable in your role you will be asked to provide evidence which will be recorded on your personnel folder.
- If you are a registered clinical professional with an active registration please notify HR. We will require that you share the details of your clinical registration which can then be checked and validated with the relevant issuing body. You will not be expected to act in a clinical capacity whilst in this role. However, you must ensure that during an emergency situation or if required for any reason that you act within your professional code of conduct.
- If you are a retired clinical professional or have clinical qualifications / training please disclose this with the HR department.
- The safety and protection of anyone in the care or volunteering with Ty Hafan is the organisations priority and the safeguarding policy must be adhered to at all times.
- Ty Hafans policies and procedures must be complied with at all times.
- You must ensure that the privacy and confidentiality of all Ty Hafan families is kept at all times.
- You will be supervised at all times during your volunteering activities.
Type Of Job