Application deadline: Wed 30 Jun 2021 17:00
Submit your CV and Cover letter to Will Fuller, Director of Student Engagement firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your course and year of study so we know which school you will represent.
You must be available for training on 30th August to 3rd September 2021.
You will be responsible for recruiting and managing your team of SU Lead Reps and SU Course Reps from your School to provide effective representation for students. Training and a handover from the current SU School Rep are provided to help you make the most of the role. You will also work closely with and have support from the SU Vice President-Student Voice, the SU and key staff members within your school.
This role is vital for your fellow students, it is also vital for the SU as you help to create a link between the SU and School. You will work with students and academic staff to ensure the student voice is heard and will be required to engage with students from across the whole school and promote the student experience.
We are looking for School Reps to represent:
- Cardiff School of Art and Design;
- Cardiff School of Education and Social Policy;
- Cardiff School of Management;
- Cardiff School of Technologies.
This role is extremely rewarding and provides you with extensive experience to add to your CV, it is also a lot of fun! You will be involved in a wide range of work across the University with excellent personal developmental opportunities to build skills and experience. You will be working within an exciting representative position, where you get to make visible changes for you and your fellow students.
- Head the SU representation structure in your school;
- Be involved in creating positive changes in your school;
- Become a SU Trustee, responsible for steering the organisation;
- Actively seek to find fellow students for ideas and opinions and get them actioned by the SU and University;
- Continue to create an exciting environment that you want to study in through events and SU Societies;
- Represent the students at school and University level and at all required meetings;
- Be an active and engaged ambassador of the Students' Union and encourage students' involvement with the Students' Union.
- A passion to fully engage with the role, its responsibilities and the opportunities it provides;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- A team player, prepared to listen and understand;
- Ability to deliver Students' Union experience and actively engage with fellow students to understand their needs;
- Ability and confidence to express other students’ opinions.