Application deadline: Wed 30 Jun 2021 17:00
Submit your CV and Cover letter to Will Fuller, Director of Student Engagement via email@example.com along with the attached form outlining your areas of focus and ideas for the role. You must be available for training on 30th Aug to 3rd Sept 2021.
Cardiff Met SU are looking for a student who’s interest in equality and diversity can be brought to this valuable role as a champion for students and a leader for change. They will be part of the team of Part-Time Officers reporting to the SU President: Affairs & Community and working closely with the Vice President: Student Voice, School Reps and SU staff.
The Equality and Diversity Officers will be responsible for the fair representation of all student groups within the Students’ Union and will strive to ensure a genuine spirit of diversity and equality of opportunity is present throughout the SU and University.
· By maintaining an up to date knowledge of campaigns and initiatives you will generate innovative solutions to support the Students’ Union in providing training and information to staff and student representatives on issues relating to Equality and Diversity
· Form positive working relationships with student representatives making effective use of the student rep structure to ensure all students are represented and well informed on issues relating to equality and diversity
· Support the creation and development of student groups to champion equality and diversity raising the profile of campaigns and supporting national events.
· Work to identify student groups ensuring SU communications allow equality of opportunity across the student body
· Bring student views to discussions and communicate developments through student representative structures and the SU
Submit your CV and Cover letter to Will Fuller, Director of Student Engagement via firstname.lastname@example.org along with a word document outlining your areas of focus and ideas for the role. You must be available for training on 30th Aug to 3rd Sept 2021.