Application Deadline: March 2023
Details: Re-engage are looking for volunteers to help tackle loneliness and social isolation in over 75’s across Wales.
Location: Several locations across Wales (Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, North Wales, Mid Wales)
2020 has be a tough year for most older people! Could you help make a difference to an over 75's life in 2021?
Our 'Active Together Groups' aim to get over 75's re-engaged with their communities while taking part in light activity. As you can imagine these monthly outings are the highlight of the month for many of our older guests and, for some, it is the only time they leave their house for a social occasion.
We are looking for motivated, organised volunteers to work as group coordinators.
As a Group Coordinator you will set up or coordinate an ‘Active Together’ group in your local area. Activities can vary from chair fitness, dancing, yoga and boules to gardening, tai-chi or coming up with your own activity to get people moving. Groups will meet for around 2 hours every month and activities must be inclusive for all guests.
· Arranging monthly group activities lasting around 2 hours with the support of a Support Officer at Re-engage
· Checking ID documents for the DBS
· Contacting older guests prior to them joining the group
· Keeping in regular contact with your group of volunteers and sharing any updates from Re-engage that are relevant to them.
· Adhering to current social distancing guidance and ensure people are safe when attending groups.
This is a fulfilling and enjoyable role which will enable you to develop your leadership skills, gain valuable experience with a national charity and, most importantly, connect with lonely older people and make a real and lasting difference to their lives. As one of our valued volunteers, you will receive training, support, and regular communications from your Support Officer at Re-engage.
· Well organised
· Good conversation skills
· An enthusiasm for making genuine connections with older people in your community.
· A friendly, empathetic approach
· The ability to really listen to people.
· A good sense of humour
· A passion for improving the lives of lonely and isolated older people.?
· The ability to volunteer with others.
· Basic computer literacy (including the ability to use email)
If this sounds like you, please apply by using the link below or for further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.reengage.org.uk/volunteer/daring-to-dream/group-coordinator/