Application deadline: Mon 31 Jan 2022
Recruitment opens on Monday 20th September, to apply please head to: https://www.svcymru.org/apply-to-volunteer - for any access needs or additional support, please contact the team and we will be able to support you with your application.
SVC are recruiting volunteers! ???
Who are SVC?
We are an independent volunteer-led charity established in 1971, and our aim is to enhance the lives of disadvantaged groups living within the South-East Wales area through the development of our volunteering projects.
We currently run a variety of volunteer-led projects which provide support to various groups, including:
- Children and adults with disabilities and/or mental health conditions
- Young carers
- Young people who are experiencing difficulties at school
- The elderly
- People experiencing homelessness
We also work in partnership with local councils and institutions to deliver projects which aim to make South-East Wales a safer and greener community ????
We offer a variety of different opportunities, including digital and in-person volunteering welcome anyone (over the age of 18) to apply! We are eager to reach a diverse range of people so that our wonderful community is reflected in our volunteers and leaders.
More info about who we are and what we do can be found: www.svcymru.org or if you have any questions, please get in touch with the team on: firstname.lastname@example.org ??
What projects are currently looking for volunteers?
The full list of our projects that are looking for volunteers can be found here.
Working with adults with disabilities and/or mental health conditions:
- Karaoke Club
- Karaoke Club is a fantastic opportunity for adults with learning disabilities to get together for a song and dance, and a chance to catch up with old friends or meet new faces over Zoom. We are looking for volunteers to help run this project and encourage beneficiaries to get up and have a sing. Volunteers are welcome to, but not expected to, have a sing too.
- A fortnightly virtual bingo session for adults with disabilities and/or mental health conditions to come and play some bingo and win some great prizes!
- Quiz Club
- A weekly group session that provides a virtual social space where we can get together and have some fun and test our knowledge!
- Fantastic 4 Party Planners
- Help run 4 parties across the year for adults with disabilities to get together, meet new people and have a dance!
Working with Children/Young People:
- Be Friends
- A befriending project for young people with disabilities, undertake lots of fun activities e.g baking, bowling, going for food, watching movies!
- Young Carers Club
- This is a respite project for young carers in Cardiff, split into 'kids' and 'teens', where volunteers take the children out on fun day trips throughout the year
- LOL Fridays is a fantastic social club for young adults with Down's syndrome. Volunteers will be helping to run activities, and making sure everyone gets involved!
- Tutoring for young people aged 16+
- Meet & Greet
- Support at Cardiff and the Vale’s vaccination centres and hospitals, greeting people attending the centre for their vaccinations and hospital appointments!
We are also looking for Lead Volunteers!
Recruitment opens on Monday 20th September, to apply please head to: https://www.svcymru.org/apply-to-volunteer - for any access needs or additional support, please contact the team and we will be able to support you with your application ??