Welsh Triathlon Events Officer
Salary: £22,000 -£25,000
Contract: Full Time (flexible working options)
Welsh Triathlon is looking to recruit an Events Officer.
Welsh Triathlon is one of the three Home Nations of the British Triathlon Federation. The three Home Nation Associations (the other two being Triathlon Scotland and Triathlon England) are responsible for all aspects of triathlon in their respective countries and contribute to the work of British Triathlon.
Welsh Triathlon is a fast-growing National Governing Body, with the sport gaining in popularity and profile both Nationally and Internationally. The purpose of Welsh Triathlon is to develop a triathlon community that enhances the well-being of current and future generations in Wales. As we pursue our purpose, Welsh Triathlon is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking organised individual who will work productively within the domestic triathlon community, broaden the skills base and diversity of Welsh Triathlon and support the next stages of growth of this dynamic organisation.
This role will be available from 31st January 2022. If you have any enquiries, or would like an informal discussion about the role, please contact the Head of Development, Gareth Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the role description here.
Please submit a covering letter and the attached application form to email@example.com
Closing Date: Sunday, 23rd January 2022 at 6:00pm
Interview Date: Monday, 7th and Tuesday 8th February 2022.
Download the application for here
Welsh Triathlon is committed to inclusion and embraces the spirit of all equality legislation. We actively encourage applications from a wide range of backgrounds and where possible we will always make reasonable adjustments for accessibility to anyone who requires it. Details of our Equality and Diversity Policy can be found here.
A Copy of the Welsh Triathlon Strategy Can be found here
Welsh Triathlon Events Officer
Welsh Triathlon (WT)
JOB BASED AT:
Head of Development
Event Budget – Development
KEY INTERFACE WITH:
Welsh Triathlon Staff, Welsh Triathlon Board of Directors, Sport Wales and other Home Nation and British Triathlon Staff
To assist and support the network of permitting event organisers facilitating events across the Welsh Domestic calendar. To lead on the growth and delivery of the Welsh Triathlon National Championships, Tristar Series, Welsh Super Series and any opportunities that may arise within the Welsh calendar. Working with British Triathlon and the Home Nations to support the growth and facilitation of British events within Wales, including British Series Events, BTF Age Group Qualification races and Inter-Regional Championship races. Assist the BTF Major Events team with operational delivery of British Major Events and work with the Welsh Triathlon Development Team to assist in the facilitation and delivery of World Para Series Swansea legacy project. Work towards the strategic objectives set within Welsh Triathlons 2021-2030 Strategy.
MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To work with permitting event organisers to promote and initiate the development and delivery of triathlon and related multi-sport activities within Wales.
- To complete tender process and contracts relating to Welsh Triathlon Major Events, including National Championships and Welsh Triathlon Super Series.
- To be visible at Welsh Triathlon major events, engaging with members and stakeholders, assisting Event Organisers delivery where required and provide branding and promotional material according to tender documentation and sponsorship requirements.
- To support external partners where required to deliver the World Para Series, Ironman, Para Festival and any other major event opportunities for Wales.
- To innovate and support the development of new venues and new formats of our sport to drive engagement and revenue opportunities across Wales.
- Promote the domestic event calendar across Wales as a primary driver for membership growth and retention.
- To work with the development team to identify opportunities or locations across Wales which will enhance event accessibility and support the domestic competition structure as required for both participation and talent pathway.
- Able to engage and forge relationships with external partners, such as other National Governing Bodies, Local Authorities, Sport Wales and Welsh Government, as well as commercial partners.
- Participate in the Rules and Technical Officials sub-committee with the workforce officer and the Director for Rules and Tech to ensure that the opportunities for growth and development are available for technical officials across Wales.
- Provide monthly reports to the Head of Development which include event numbers, participation breakdown and financial insights in preparation for annual reviews and to assist future decision making
- Assist the British Triathlon events engagement team when required with insight and information on Welsh events to assist the event permitting process.
- Work with the Welsh Triathlon Participation Officer to identify opportunities for GoTri and TAC growth, and where needed engage with new and established partners to facilitate activity.
- Work with the Welsh Triathlon Workforce Officer to provide support and insight for volunteer recruitment, development and retention, and signpost volunteers to the Welsh Domestic Calendar when needed.
- Work with the Workforce Officer and Head of Development to ensure that Welsh Triathlon’s ‘Tîm Tri Cymru’ is facilitated across the relevant Welsh Triathlon National Championships and attend the relevant British Championships
- Attend British Triathlon and Home Nations meetings regarding event engagement, major event selection, event permitting and event growth.
- Attend Welsh Triathlon development and organisational meetings as required.
- Work with the Head of Development and British Triathlon Major Events Team to develop skillset for future roles such as race director / event director across future WT and BTF major events.
- Assist the development team when required to deliver tasks which promote and enhance the reputation of Welsh Triathlon.
- Meeting the funding requirements and KPI’s agreed with the CEO and Head of Development in line with the Welsh Triathlon Strategy.
- Delivery of a full portfolio of permitting events.
- Meet the objectives of the Welsh Triathlon Events Strategy.
Welsh Triathlon Events Officer
RELEVANT SKILLS AND/OR APTITUDES
- Excellent Communication Skills – Communicates effectively, clearly and confidently in written, verbal and electronic forms.
- Excellent time management.
- Well organised and able to prioritise workload.
- Able to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team.
- Manage multiple relationships across many levels effectively.
- Aptitude for data collection and analysis.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- A knowledge of working within sports development
- Working with a variety of stakeholders
- Proven project management skills
- Ability to see how partners can be used to achieve the Welsh Triathlon Goals
- Experience with tendering and contract documentation
- Good working knowledge of the sport of Triathlon
- Comprehensive understanding of Triathlon at all levels
- Event delivery experience
- Knowledge of the Welsh Sporting landscape.
- Relevant Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Computer literate, including Office products, Windows, Databases
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Is able to work independently and as part of a team
- Performance orientation, including the ability to set targets and achieve them
- Positive approach to dealing with challenging issues
- Commitment to responding to customer needs
- Treats people with respect
- Protects confidential information
- Adheres to the company’s policies and demonstrates loyalty to the company
- Strong individualist & decision maker with high determination to succeed
- Creative & innovative worker
- Focused on excellent quality of service
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Enjoyment of working outside
- Able to work away from home as role will require weekend working and irregular hours
- Meet requirements of Child Protection
- In possession of a valid UK driving licence