Are you a proactive and passionate student with an interest in global communities and cultures? Do you want to positively challenge the SU and University to do more for students? Cardiff Met has a growing population of international students studying in Cardiff as well as a large community of international partner institutions. Cardiff Met SU is looking for an engaging and enthusiastic student who will bring new ideas to engage and represent international students and bring the Cardiff Met community together as well as leading on new ideas, projects and activism within the SU for the 2022/23 academic year.
The SU Global Part-Time Officer will be responsible for representing the views and interests of international students and will act as a key point of contact for international students within the SU, they will also form links with the University’s Global Engagement team to provide information and signpost where necessary. The SU Global Part-Time Officer will help us to drive change and implement new initiatives as part of the SU Part-Time Officer team who look to create a better Cardiff Met for all students. You will draw on your own interests and knowledge to play a key part in shaping the important changes being made in this area and use student feedback to create campaigns and initiatives for students.
Please note the successful candidate will not hold employee status with the Students' Union but will receive a monthly bursary of £100 between September and June as award for undertaking this representative position.
- Form positive working relationships with student representatives making effective use of the SU Rep structure to ensure international student views are represented and utilised in project work and activism
- Represent the SU at relevant meetings and committees
- As a representative of International students you will work to identify new opportunities for international students to engage with the SU and to allow equality of opportunity with existing services throughout the student journey
- Use your creativity to generate ideas that help to promote and enhance SU initiatives for international students
- Using your own cultural awareness to engage effectively with international students from a range of backgrounds you will gather feedback and make use of appropriate channels to enhance their experience
- By building on positive working relationships with the Global Engagement you will enhance channels of communication and feedback between students, the department and the SU
How to Apply
Submit your CV and cover letter outlining your passion for this area and plans for the role to Will Fuller, Director of Student Engagement via email@example.com.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.