The aim of the Cardiff Met Sports Bursary & Scholarship Scheme is to assist students of exceptional sporting ability to develop their academic and sporting talents to their fullest potential, and thereby to encourage the development of University sport. The scheme offers a learner-centered experience in which scholars receive guidance and support, enabling them to take greater control of their lifestyle to facilitate the co-development of their academic and sporting potential. Recipients of our scholarship will receive financial support up to a maximum of £1000. Applicants should be of International standard, close to or of the equivalent level of performance. Priority may be given to those who would be able to represent Cardiff Met in BUCS competitions.
The University can provide the following services which relate specifically to the sport for which the scholarship is held:
- Conditioning/Fitness Testing and Monitoring: Access to fitness rooms and weight training facilities, advice on fitness training and fitness testing at regular intervals
- Nutrition: Dietary analysis coupled with advice about the specific nutritional requirements of intensive training and high-level performance
- Sports Physiotherapy and Sports Massage cover
- Gold Card Membership of the University Sport and Leisure Club
- Sports Psychology: This will be available on an individual basis from members of staff who are experienced in dealing with elite sportsmen and women
- Podiatry at the Wales Centre for Podiatric Studies at Cardiff Met
Application Form (2018/19)
If you think you meet the credentials of our sport scholarship scheme, please fill in the online scholarship form below. Alternatively you can download, print off, fill in and post the application form to: Cardiff Met Students Union, Central Union Offices, Cyncoed Road, Cyncoed, Cardiff, CF23 6XD.
Applications can not be considered until you have accepted an offer of a place on a course and have made Cardiff Metropolitan University your first choice.
Closing date for applications is the 5th of October, 2018.
Date of Birth:
Term Time Address:
Are you already on a course at Cardiff Met:
UCAS Application No:
Proposed Academic Year of Entry:
Course Applied For:
Nature of offer received:
Are you applying for a scholarship from elsewhere?
If YES please give details:
Name and address of an appropriate sporting reference: