Volunteer role descriptionPlace of volunteering
Volunteer Gardner - Sully, Hospice & Head Quarters
General time commitment Age limit per week / month
2.5 Hours per weekOver 18’s only
About the role
This role will be based at Ty Hafans Hospice and Head Quarters in Sully, assisting the facilities team with seasonal gardening tasks throughout the year. Volunteers will be supervised and led by a member of the team. Some tasks are physically demanding and require a level of manual dexterity.
What activities would you be involved in?
· General garden maintenance
· Keeping grounds clean, tidy and presentable
· Using small gardening tools or larger equipment such as a leaf blower
· Minor external painting
What skills will I need?
· Ability to work as part of a team or independently
· Ability to work safely and to not endanger yourself or others and maintain a safe working environment
Information on training provided
· Full induction
· Health and safety training
· Support and guidance from the facilities team
Benefit of volunteering
· Become part of the Ty Hafan team and family
· Meet new people and make new friends
· Personal satisfaction of giving back to the community
· Gaining new skills, knowledge and experience or share yours to benefit Ty Hafans goal
· Have fun!
How to apply
Contact Ty Hafan by telephone on 02920 532200 or email email@example.com
You will be asked to complete an application form upon joining and provide details of two referees ( 1 professional & 1 character) and a Enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
About Ty Hafan
Ty Hafan is a leading Welsh children’s charity which provides comfort, care and fun to children with life-limiting conditions, along with their families. Through our vibrant hospice and diverse community programmes, we offer families short-break care and help them make the most of the time they have together; creating precious memories and ensuring a short life is a full life.
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.