It’s the season to relax, unwind, catch some rays… and gain some work experience? Whether its paid work to earn some cash to fund your summer plans, using your spare time to volunteer for a great cause or to gain essential experience to add to your CV.
The summer is a great opportunity for you to create a bucket list of things to achieve by the start of next term.
- Catch up with family and friends
- Roadtrip to local villages and towns to explore
- Get a part time job / up your hours at work
- Eat lots of ice cream
- Go on holidays
- Stock up on lots of non-academic books
- Volunteer or fundraise for a local charity
- Meet new friends
- Start preparing for your future career by updating your CV and finding out what skills you need to work on
- Take lots of photos and make lots of memories
The summer is your time to have fun, remember the more you do the more you can figure out what you are good at and what you want to develop further in.
Not get your sunnies out, step away from your textbooks and go outside (British weather depending…)